Writer/Publisher 9/78 to present:
Over 100 articles and plays published & performed.
Reporter: Oregon Daily Emerald,
Clerical Science Book Editor, United States Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, Corvallis, Oregon.
Publisher: Spokane Grower's Guide,
Spokane, Washington; Capitol Mystery,
Creative writing class instructor: Vancouver, Washington; Lincoln, Nebraska.
Published in:The Capital Press, Wine and Vines; The Wine Spectator;
and Wine West; Successful Farming; Farm Futures; The Columbian Newspaper; Star City Sports; Fine Gardening
Computer Technician; Web Designer 8/94 to
Sterling Software: Researched Y2K computer problems; upgraded their data base using Microsoft Office.
I.B.M.: installed computers at State Farm Insurance Agencies across Nebraska for Manpower Temp agency.
Nation Crane Co.: Managed computer and mail room using I.B.M. 400 business computer.
Kawasaki: Managed warehouse using their computer system.
Alltel: Cell Phone billing using their financial computer software.
Private: Installed R.A.M., Monitors, Printers, C.P.U.s; and instructed in personal and business computer software.Web Designer:
proficient in HTML/CSS, designed and coded "R.S.Scheyer's Treasure Trove"
and several books for ereaders.
8/92 to present:
Started a property care/landscape business in Lincoln, NE. Extensive knowledge of plants and growing conditions, specializing in flowers and ornamental shrubs. Use of a variety of software for land design and business operations.
University of Oregon
Bachelor of Science in Journalism, 1979
President Handball Club;
Reporter/typesetter University’s Daily Newspaper
- Advertising: GardenScapes, Spokane County Grower's Guide and Capitol Mystery
- Typesetter; data entry; and publishing skills.
- Public Relations for publication distribution
- Management--Managed workers for various tasks related to property upkeep.
- Editing--Edited books, booklets, and articles for various publications.
- Computer--Knowledge and use of computer software for business and writing.
- Garden Designer--Designed gardens and landscapes.
- Mechanical--Machine operations, maintenance and repair.